Literature is available for Noble & Lund Machines
Founded in 1886 by Harry Noble and Pearson Lund, Noble & Lund was based in Felling-on-Tyne, Gateshead. Success appear to have been almost immediate with, by 1899, shares being issued and the company going public - though by 1908 it was back in private hands. Noble and Lund of The Northern Machine Tool Works,
By the outbreak of WW! In 1914, the company were making a wide range of machine tools including lathes, drilling machines, combined drilling and boring machines, ingot trepanning machines, enormous planers, borers, armour-plate ripping machines and large bandsaws.
By the 1930s, their speciality appears to have been the sort of very large, custom-built machine tools shown on this and the following page - as well as plano milling machines, beam-end millers and a range of very popular "Fluifeed" cold-sawing machines and associated saw sharpeners.
In 1990 the company was bankrupt and bought by Kearney & Trecker Marwin, an organisation that was enjoying considerable success--thought this too was short-lived with receivership in 1994.