Myford Home Page First ML7 "Provisional" Catalogue
In the years immediately following WW2 Great Britain was in financial straights - having spend at huge proportion of her GDP fighting the Nazis. Everything was in short supply, including the facilities for colour printing so it was with little surprise that the first brochure for the ML7, dated March 1946 and issued after the announcement of the new lathe to the press in February of that year, was rather hastily printed brochure stamped "Provisional". Using the same A5 landscape format employed for most ML2 and ML4 publicity material, this was a simple black-and-white publication that held 14 sheets printed on one side; the cover was dark-blue with the single word "Myford" picked out in gold and using the company's traditional script. The pages were typed, reproduced on a Gestetner and had just one photograph of the lathe mounted on its new "octagonal-form" welded and braced 16-gauge sheet-steel cabinet stand.
Following the first edition, and with a print run of 20,000, the first fully-illustrated and colour ML7 catalogue was issued in October, 1947 and is shown below.