Bruno Mädler Drill Press - Berlin
Bruno Mädler, founded in 1882 and still trading today, were once a large, Berlin-based distributor of all sorts of machine and hand other tools and materials - but if they were manufacturers is unlikely. However, due to their size and buying power, would undoubtedly have been able to commission large batches of machines from manufacturers to brand as their own.
From its appearance, the drill press shown would have been available during the 1930 and 1940s and was of a very simple, even basic design. Drive to the head was by a flat belt running over a 2-step pulley, though as on some versions (of rather different) very high-speed drills, these might have been interchangeable to give four useful rather than two rather inadequate speeds.
Unlike most drills of a similar size, the head was bored through but formed as a blind-ended casting and so could not be moved up and down the main column - though if the two clamping bolts at the back were slackened, it could be swung around.
Rather usefully (and at odds with the rest of the machine), both the rise-and-fall table and the base were equipped with four T-slots arranged in the form of a cross, these allowing a variety of vices and jobs to be held securely in place.
The motor, held on a single round bar, appears to have been specially made to suit the drill and was fitted, on its right-hand side, with a built-in switch.